Date:      Mon, 24 Apr 2000 12:12:40 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug Barton <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        Kahn <kahn@deadbbs.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Stable motherboards for servers.

	It's not necessary to post to questions@ and freebsd-questions@,
they are the same list.

On Fri, 21 Apr 2000, Kahn wrote:

> I am looking into building several firewalls for my customers and would like
> to know what other people are using for stable motherboards on P3's?
>
> I have almost always used Intel SEBX-2, but they are getting hard to find
> and the new CapeCod are very expansive. So, what is left? P2B's? BE6-2's?

	We're having excellent luck with Intel L440GX+ motherboards. In
addition to great SMP performance the advantage of having serial access to
the BIOS as well as the FreeBSD console is incalculable.

Good luck,

Doug
--
Excess on occasion is exhilarating.  It prevents moderation from
acquiring the deadening effect of a habit.