Date:      Thu, 4 Apr 2013 01:52:03 +0200
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        "Grant Peel" <gpeel@thenetnow.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Restaging from scratch

On Wed, 3 Apr 2013 17:16:35 -0400, Grant Peel wrote:
> If anyone is willing to explain step by step, how to boot, create the
> filesystems, and make the disk bootable using 9.1 & gpart etc I would
> appreciate it!

Obtain a CD or DVD image, or a USB stick image, and create
the media as explained in The FreeBSD Handbook. Booting
should not be harder than inserting the media into the
appropriate slot of the machine. :-)

For initializing disks with gpart I found Warren Block's
article very helpful:

http://www.wonkity.com/~wblock/docs/html/disksetup.html

There are also sections covering the topic both in The
FreeBSD Handbook and the FAQ, but this article is a
very good "concentrate".

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany