Date:      Fri, 14 Jul 2000 02:18:52 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Marius Bendiksen <mbendiks@eunet.no>
To:        Brian Fundakowski Feldman <green@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        arch@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Why don't section 4 pages live with their drivers?

> Well, let me put it this way. Does it seem like a problem when we have
> nowadays a huge amount of people who would add over a megabyte to the
> repository and consider it a drop in the bucket, almost nothing? This
> opinion that trying not to grow the repository will make it pretty hard,
> IMHO, to keep the repository to a relatively reasonable size.

Actually, I'd start having a look at the trigger-happy MFC operations
going on lately before complaining any about the volume of the CVS repo.
The average user will probably either stick with binaries, or use CVSup,
without retaining history.

> As for OVCS, that would be awesome; I don't recall Eivind having made
> the offer to work on it full-time if paid, but if he did and BSDi would
> fund it, it would result in a situation that was better for BSDi,
> FreeBSD, Eivind (hopefully he'd want to work on it full time, right? :),
> and the world at large (being free software). If he'd do contract work
> on OVCS, I see a great oppurtunity here.

I have no idea. I cannot, obviously, make a statement on his behalf. I'll
only say that my personal guess is that he would be willing to finish this
work on a contract basis, though I would guess he does not want any
strings from OVCS to FreeBSD.

Marius