Date:      Wed, 31 Jul 2002 17:34:03 -0500
From:      "Eric Timme" <timothy@voidnet.com>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   portupgrade and overwrite_base

I haven't had any luck with google on the subject, so I thought I'd pose
it here.  I'm a huge fan of portupgrade for maintaining ports on my
machine, however, upon trying to install openssh-portable and openssl
with: portupgrade -N openssh-portable -m '-DOPENSSH_OVERWRITE_BASE' I've
noticed that it doesn't seem to take the overwrite directive to heart,
installing instead in its default /usr/local area.  To rectify the
situation I could manually install and then sync the pkgdb; however, I'd
wager I'd have to do an uninstall and then another manual install the
next time the port was upgraded.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
    Eric Timme