Date:      Mon, 03 Apr 2000 09:39:24 -0400
From:      "[ -dp- ]" <transmogrify@sympatico.ca>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Alpha.

Hi.

Architecture: Alpha pc164.(not lx or sx)
Bios emulation: V1.15a
Firmware: SRM V5.5-1
OS: FreeBSD 3.4 or 4.0
Scsi adapter: Adaptec 2920 ( supported AFAIK )
HDD: Quantum Fireball (scsi)
History: Previously had Redhat 5.1 installed and operating correctly.
Problem: scsi adapter is not recognized during installation. ( makes for
a very difficult install )

	Anyway, I have no clue what is going on. I know that the devices are
supported, yet when I try to install ( utilizing boot disks, then ftp )
It claims that no devices were found. I have installed on Alpha arc's in
the past and experienced no ill effects. I have tried both 3.4 and 4.0
disk sets, and _yes_ they were the alpha releases.

	If there is anyone out there that could offer any helpful suggestions,
or a better place to post this question, it would be greatly
appreciated.

	While on topic, has anyone ever experienced problems with cvsup (ie.
core dump/ bad system call etc) on an alpha, or any architecture?

danks.	I
--

[ - deadpoint - ]

Don't underestimate the power of
stupid people in large groups.

Email: dp@penix.org & transmogrify@sympatico.ca
BIO: http://bling.dyn.dhs.org
GPG Key fingerprint: 2D7C A7E2 DB1F EA5F 8C6F D5EC 3D39 F274 4AA3E8B9
Public Key's available here: http://bling.dyn.dhs.org/texts/public.html