Date:      Fri, 9 Mar 2001 12:28:11 -0600 (CST)
From:      Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>
To:        Benjamin Flom <benf@nexgen.com>
Cc:        Mikel King <mikel@ra.upan.org>, <frebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: supermicro motherboards

On Thu, 8 Mar 2001, Benjamin Flom wrote:

> One quirk with the Supermicro Server Work chipset boards is that
> they don't have an AGP slot. While this is not a performance issue
> it is a pain in the but to hunt down decent PCI video cards.

They do, you just have to buy a board with one.  The 370DE6 has an AGP
slot, and uses the ServerWorks III HE-SL chipset.  I am using that
board with no problems.  I believe they also make some boards with an
on-board ATI display chipset.

-- Chris Dillon - cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us - cdillon@inter-linc.net
   FreeBSD: The fastest and most stable server OS on the planet.
   For IA32 and Alpha architectures. IA64, PPC, and ARM under development.
   http://www.freebsd.org