Date:      Fri, 12 May 2000 10:22:52 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Eugene M. Kim" <ab@astralblue.com>
To:        "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Munehiro Matsuda <haro@tk.kubota.co.jp>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Small fix for compile error with internat crypto code

On Fri, 12 May 2000, David O'Brien wrote:

| On Fri, May 12, 2000 at 06:34:08AM -0700, Eugene M. Kim wrote:
| > I guess, although it could be fine if we had a flag to mkdir(1) that
| > makes it just succeed when there's already a directory of the same name.
|
| Yes, that is "-p".

Oh yes you're right.  But then things still remain strange...  Isn't
this:

test -d openssl || mkdir -p openssl

supposed to never give the `mkdir: openssl: File exists' error?

So I guess the real cause of that bug is not a race condition between
two mkdir -p commands.  Haven't seen the error recently so can't exactly
tell, but it looks more like there is already an `openssl' that isn't a
directory.

Eugene

--
Eugene M. Kim <ab@astralblue.com>

"Is your music unpopular?  Make it popular; make music
which people like, or make people who like your music."