Date:      Thu, 13 Jun 2013 15:37:15 +0200
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
To:        =?ISO-8859-2?Q?Jo=BEe_Zobec?= <jozze.zepl@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Suggesting a new experimental fork for ports tree

Hi, Reference:
> From:		=?ISO-8859-2?Q?Jo=BEe_Zobec?= <jozze.zepl@gmail.com>
> Date:		Wed, 12 Jun 2013 20:04:30 +0200

> Apart from the maintainer of the port, there would also be "sub"
> maintainerswhich would be those people who helped patch the port into the
> good shape:
>
> # make -C /usr/ports/section/someport maintainer
>
> would return the maintainer (1st address) and additional addresses to turn
> for questions. When the port would be committed to the "good" ports tree,
> sub-maintainers would be left out.

Maybe it'd help to break jozze.zepl's suggestions in to 2 parts ?
	- Working & non working ports tree
		(No comment from me on that)

	- Multiple maintainers

I believe MAINTAINER= value is currently a unitary mail address, which
is [usually] an individual or a freebsd mail list.
I recall before we've discussed adding names of alternates/ extras,
(perhaps comma seperated), & that some who maintain
.mk macros & shell scripts pointed out some difficulties if changed.

Even within the current unchanged syntax,
handfulls of maintainers might already co-operate on a per port basis, with eg
  MAINTAINER=port_xyz_maintainers@their-domain.com

  their-domain.com /etc/mail/aliases:
    port_xyz_maintainers: port_xyz_maint0, port_xyz_maint1
    port_xyz_maint0:	jack@upthehill.com
    port_xyz_maint1:	jill@downthehill.com

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultant, Munich http://berklix.com
 Reply below not above, like a play script.  Indent old text with "> ".