Date:      Mon, 22 Sep 2008 13:06:14 -0400
From:      Jerry <gesbbb@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port of mrtg Not Happy when Trying to Start

--Sig_/Zlz+nW30Fpb_Po/BEa.GzEf

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 09:54:04 -0500
Martin McCormick <martin@dc.cis.okstate.edu> wrote:

> 	We are moving a mrtg system to FreeBSD so I installed
> the port from /usr/ports/net-mgmt/mrtg and the installation went
> flawlessly along with perl5.88 which it needs.
>=20
> 	When I tried to start it, I got the following taken from
> a screen capture so you can see the version number, etc:
>=20
> =3D=3D=3D>   Registering installation for mrtg-2.16.2,1
> mrtgfbsd# /usr/local/bin/mrtg /usr/local/etc/mrtg.cfg
> Can't locate SNMP_util.pm in @INC (@INC
> contains: /usr/local/bin/../lib/mrtg2 /u
> sr/local/bin /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8/BSDPAN /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_=
perl/5.
> 8.8/mach /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_p=
erl /us
> r/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8/mach /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8 .)
> at /usr/local/bin/mrt g line 292.
>=20
> 	I did a standard make install on the mrtg port after
> doing the same for perl5.8 in /usr/ports/lang. One would expect
> that it should find everything it needs so I may have failed to
> give it the right options. I am hoping somebody has gotten
> mrtg to work under FreeBSD6.3 as I am not terribly familiar with
> it and am setting it up for the benefit of other members of our
> group who are waiting for it to be running.
> Many thanks for any ideas or information as to whether or not
> the port of mrtg should still run under FreeBSD6.3.

You might want to check and see if the 'p5-SNMP-Util-1.8.1' port is
installed {/usr/ports/net-mgmt/p5-SNMP-Util}. If not, try installing it
yourself and see if the problem goes away.

If you have 'portmanager' installed, you could try:

	portmanager net-mgmt/p5-SNMP-Util -l -p -y

Check the '/var/log/portmanager.log' to see what transpired.

--=20
Jerry
gesbbb@yahoo.com

A beautiful woman is a blessing from Heaven, but a good cigar is a
smoke. -- Kipling

--Sig_/Zlz+nW30Fpb_Po/BEa.GzEf

--Sig_/Zlz+nW30Fpb_Po/BEa.GzEf--