Date:      Fri, 15 Aug 2003 16:04:09 -0400
From:      Justin Smith <jsmith@drexel.edu>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   jdk 1.3 on 5.1

FreeBSD jsmith.org 5.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE #0: Thu Jun  5
02:55:42 GMT 2003
root@wv1u.btc.adaptec.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

When I tried to build jdk 1.3 using the bundled gcc 3.2.2, it crashed
producing a gcc.core file.

I installed gcc 3.2.3 and, when I attempted to build jdk 1.3, it ran for
an hour and crashed with a message that the jdk 1.3 maintainer says
means that gmake crashed (there was a gmake.core file).

Attempting to build jdk 1.4 produces the same result (it runs a little
longer before it crashes).

The result transcripts are huge, so I haven't included them in this
message. Any suggestions?
--
Time blows wildly against my door       | Justin R. Smith
Stirring discarded sorrows      	| Mathematics Department