Date:      Mon, 21 Oct 2002 10:49:15 -0500
From:      "Jack L. Stone" <jackstone@sage-one.net>
To:        "Grant Peel" <grant@thenetnow.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: DUMP

At 11:27 AM 10.21.2002 -0400, Grant Peel wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>Can anyone explain how the DUMP levels work? I understand that 0 is a full
>FS dumo, but what does 1, 2, 3, 4 etc etc etc stand for?
>
>Is it possible to use dump to clone a filesystem from one PC to another?
>
>-Grant

That info can be found with a big search effort, but even then the
explanation is rather cryptic. However, I assumed this method for my
backups (and tested with restores):

Sunday	dump 0		Full
Monday dump 1		incremental
Tuesday dump 2	incremental
Wednesday dump 3	incremental
Thursday dump 4	incremental
Friday dump 5	 	incremental
Saturday dump 6	incremental

If the above is incorrect, I will appreciate being corrected....

Best regards,
Jack L. Stone,
Administrator

SageOne Net