Date:      Fri, 29 Dec 2006 14:58:49 +0100
From:      "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Charles Sprickman <spork@bway.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Canonical 4.x to 6.x upgrade docs?

On 2006.12.28 19:55:55 -0500, Charles Sprickman wrote:

> Is there any official doc on this?  Perhaps I'm just not finding it?  I
> would assume since everyone is being urged to get away from 4.x that
> somewhere there's a good step-by-step on how to do that.

http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.4R/migration-guide.html#UPGRADE

That is the one I used (or perhaps I used it from 5.3-RELEASE, but
should be the same), when I recently upgraded a system 4->5->6.  The
5->6 should be pretty much like any other FreeBSD upgrade, just follow
the normal documented upgrade procedure and don't skip steps.  My
upgrade actually turned out to be pretty painless and just work.

--
Simon L. Nielsen