Date:      Tue, 17 Feb 2009 17:36:12 -0800
From:      prad <prad@towardsfreedom.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   printer hp officejet pro k8600

i'm trying to get this printer to work on fbsd7.

i have a ppd file, but when i install it cups gives me

"Filter "foomatic-rip-hplip" for printer "horizon" not available: No
such file or directory"

so i pkg_added hplip.

then i find out from the hp site that for the k8600 i need hplip-2.7.10
or higher - the one in ports is 2.7.9

so i try to change the version in the Makefile - doesn't work.
then i download hplip-2.8.12 from hp and change the Makefile version to
that - still doesn't work

then i untar it and try ./configure and i get
configure: error: "cannot find libjpeg support"

however using make search key=libjpeg (or libjpg) i couldn't find it.
even though this post seems to suggest that it exists somewhere:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2006-January/109339.html

suggestions?

--
In friendship,
prad

                                      ... with you on your journey
Towards Freedom
http://www.towardsfreedom.com (website)
Information, Inspiration, Imagination - truly a site for soaring I's