Date:      Sun, 22 Nov 1998 11:16:29 -0500 (EST)
From:      Spike Gronim <spork@pigstuy.dyn.ml.org>
To:        "M. Kuster" <kuster@sr.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Dowloading Linux

On Sun, 22 Nov 1998, M. Kuster wrote:

> Dear FreeBSD provider,
>
> I want to download and install linux on my system. But which one of the files
> do I have to download. Is it possible to download the whole bsd  in a
> the form of a zip file?

First, please limit your line length to 70-80 characters, it makes it hard
to read for some of us when it is longer.

Second, FreeBSD is NOT Linux. FreeBSD is directly derived from 4.4BSD,
while Linux is an implementation of POSIX that does not contain code from
4.4BSD.

If you want FreeBSD, you should go to www.freebsd.org/handbook and read
the sections on installing FreeBSD.

	-Spike Gronim
	 sporkl@ix.netcom.com

		The majority only rules those who let them.