Date:      Sun, 07 Feb 1999 08:29:57 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: some woes about rc.conf.site

> Sorry to say this, but after having to use rc.conf.site as it is now
> I really kind of 'hate' it.

Sorry to say this, but you really don't understand it. :)

> When we had one central rc.conf file it was fun to browse through
> it and having all supported knobs visible at a glance.

And you still have this now.  In fact, with the unadulterated rc.conf, you
have the original "default" values for youre reference.

> Then rc.conf.site has a totally different sort order which is
> not very helpful/comfortable, when comparing rc.conf and rc.conf.site.

Well now that much is true - I suppose I could sort it, or something.

> Then rc.conf.site doesn't contain every knob which rc.conf has.

Erm, it's not supposed to.  It's supposed to contain only those knobs
you want to change.  Are we even talking about a 3.0/4.0 snapshot made
after 99/2/5 23:00 PST?  I did send email out about this.

> Well, maybe I overlooked some things advantages ;-) Then please tell me.

As usual, I think you're just out of date and we're not even talking about
current technology. :)

- Jordan