Date:      Sun, 13 Feb 2000 14:50:58 -0800
From:      Doug Barton <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        Jahanur R Subedar <jahanur@jjsoft.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Rsh not working.

Jahanur R Subedar wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I am trying to use the rcp command to copy files between two different
> systems under same domain.
> This is what my steps are:
> 1) Edited the hosts.equiv
> 2) Edited the .rhosts file.
> I do have the same password in both machines.
> When ever I try to do rsh to any of the machine, it asks for the password.
> I have unmarked the line inetd to use the rshd.

	I am not sure if rcp uses the shell or the login line in inetd.conf,
but I'd try uncommenting both, and make sure to hup inetd afterwards.

	Also, for future reference questions of this nature belong on
freebsd-questions.

Good luck,

Doug
--
"Welcome to the desert of the real."

    - Laurence Fishburne as Morpheus, "The Matrix"