Date:      Fri, 13 Jun 2003 09:42:09 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        Charles Sprickman <spork@inch.com>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: state of ide raid

At 04:19 AM 13/06/2003 -0400, Charles Sprickman wrote:
>-3Ware has a whole new series of cards.  The twe(4) manpage states that
>only 5xxx and 6xxx series cards are supported, but these are very hard to
>come by.  Is the manpage out of date, or are the newer 7xxx and 8xxx
>series cards now supported as well?

The man page is just out of date. The 7xxx series cards work great for
us.  We have a number deployed in RAID0,1 and RAID 10.  The only issue to
watch out for is the 3dmd needs to be patched to work with POST 4.8R.

Also there was mention that there might be some updated work

http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=47571+0+archive/2003/freebsd-hardware/20030525.freebsd-hardware

Not sure if thats on the 3dmd or on the drivers.

         ---Mike

>-Adaptec has a cheap raid card, the 1200A.  No mention of it in the
>hardware notes.  Is it possibly supported by the asr driver?

I think the ar driver supports it.