Date:      Mon, 09 Mar 1998 14:38:34 -0700
From:      "A.J. Werner" <warp9@northlink.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Synchronous Mirroring for FreeBSD

Dear FreeBSD.ORG,

	I have searched the Net looking for a program much like Qualix Group's
DataStar that would allow our servers to have synchronous mirroring.
Qualix and Digital have been the only two commercially available products
that I have found to do this, but Qualix's and Digital's product supports
only HP-UX & AIX, and Digital's version of UNIX as well. I have found some
products that support Solaris on top of this, but nothing that will support
FreeBSD.
	Do you know of any product that is available for synchronous mirroring for
FreeBSD? A major plus would be the cost as well.  Qualix's DataStar sells
for around $20,000 per server pair.  Thanks for any help you can give!

						Sincerely,
					      A.J. Werner
				      Northlink Technical Support