Date:      Sun, 17 Sep 2006 08:16:41 +0800
From:      ke han <ke.han@redstarling.com>
To:        "pobox@verysmall.org" <pobox@verysmall.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: rebooting into single user mode on a remote server

On Sep 17, 2006, at 2:47 AM, pobox@verysmall.org wrote:

> Hello,
>
> could somebody help me to understand the best way to enter into a
> single user mode on a remote server.
>
> I need it for the moment, during rebuilding world, when I have to
> reboot into single user mode before 'mergemaster -p'.

I had this same issue last week... fortunately, my hosting provider
had a remote KVM solution and hooked it up to my server while I got
the job done.  btw, that provider was m5hosting.com.  I originally
found them from the freebsd.org community page and have been very
happy with their knowledge and support.

good luck, ke han