Date:      Mon, 29 May 2006 17:50:59 +0200
From:      "Vitaly D" <katsuo_harada_evil_does@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   pango freetype2 installation problems

Hello, All

for a story i've installed minimal FreeBSD 4.11 on intel (i386). I'm trying
to make a desktop station. i'm compiling from official sources (dont' use
packages system)

i've installed XFree86 4.6.0 (fontconfig freetype 2.1.8 included)

!!! Important issue about freetype 2.2.1 on freebsd 4 series !!!!
i've tried to make pango 1.5.0 (latest)  I get compile error in
pango-ot-info.c  complaining about freetype.h due to #error macros included
at the head of freetype.h.

By the way in pango 1.5.0 package some include directives trying to search
for ftobject.h in a wrong directory. (<freetype/ftobject.h> instead of
<freetype/config/ftobject.h>  Solved by adjusting
CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/X11R6/freetype2/freetype/config ... They say in freetype.h
that this hierarchy won't be followed in future releases but for now it
seems to bring obscure errors while building softaware relying on freetype
(what the F... ft2build.h is not included yet ???)

what should i do? i've tried to install freetype 2.2.1 (latest) but it
complains about sysntax error in /usr/include/sys/mman.h line 140
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and even i've sucsseeded it seems that
freetype2.2.1 package preserves the same include hierarchy as 2.1.8 so it
won't resolve my problem (read before this paragraph).

please if anyone see an issue about my problem ??? CC me because i'm not on
the list and internet acces is too expensive for me.

i'll try to post a bug report at pango list (include problem #include
<freetype/ftobject.h> should be <freetype/config/ftobject.h>

and also make a follow up to freetype2 team as it seems to report syntax
error in /usr/include/sys/mman.h

have a nice day.

Best Regards
Vitaly
katsuo_harada_evil_does [at] hotmail [dot] com