Date:      Wed, 20 Jul 2005 15:38:29 +0200
From:      Max Laier <max@love2party.net>
To:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Cc:        Michael Dexter <dexter@ambidexter.com>
Subject:   Re: 5.x ipdivert.ko with pf and natd?

--nextPart1784300.SyTzSKW3UW

On Wednesday 20 July 2005 15:28, Michael Dexter wrote:
> I would like to use natd with packet filter under FreeBSD 5.4.

Why?  What does natd provide that PF's internal NAT engine does not?

Note that PF does not provide any means of using divert sockets.  In order =
to=20
use natd you have to use IPFW.

Let us know what you are trying to achieve in the end and I am about sure w=
e=20
can tell you how to do it without natd altogether.

=2D-=20