Date:      Wed, 26 Apr 2000 16:44:56 -0400
From:      George Uhl <uhl@mamba.gsfc.nasa.gov>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Cc:        larse@isi.edu
Subject:   Re: CS461x & newpcm & rat/vat

I'm also having problems running vat and rat over my
soundcard in 4.0-STABLE.  Other audio applications work
fine.

--
My cat /dev/sndstat:

barrow# cat /dev/sndstat
FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm) Apr 26 2000 16:22:53
Installed devices:
pcm0: <GUS CS4231> at io 0x32c irq 5 drq 3:1 (1p/1r channels duplex)
barrow#

--
When running vat I get no sound and
the meter is dead. I get the following

sorry don't know how to deal with this card
failed to select input
sorry don't know how to deal with this card
failed to set mic volume
failed set input line volume
failed to output level 70
failed to output level 70
sorry don't know how to deal with this card
failed to set mic volume
failed set input line volume
sorry don't know how to deal with this card
sorry don't know how to deal with this card
sorry don't know how to deal with this card
sorry don't know how to deal with this card
sorry don't know how to deal with this card

--
rat also comes up with no sound and when I try to set
the Audio category options, the default audio devices

Sorry driver does support full duplex for this soundcard

Will vat or rat work using newpcm for any soundcard?

Thanks,
George