Date:      Tue, 3 Nov 1998 02:57:01 +0100 (CET)
From:      Markus Holmberg <saska@acc.umu.se>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD core developer splits up into two branches??

On Tue, 3 Nov 1998, Greg Lehey wrote:

> Yet another reason not to read Slashdot.  Here's another prediction:
>
>   Microsoft has recognized the importance of Open Source Software.
>   They are currently planning to defuse the DOJ proceedings by making
>   all their software sources free and turning into a pure service
>   organization fuelled by the recognition that no real hacker would
>   touch their code anyway.
>
> Likely?  No, I just made it up.  I suspect that the source of your
> message did the same.  I can't see the slightest sign of such a
> movement, unless it's one disgruntled developer who thinks he can go
> it alone.  Even then, it couldn't be called FreeBSD, since that's a
> registered trade mark.
>
> David Greenman asked for a URL.  Can you supply it?

Sorry for not replying immediately. Here is the URL:

http://www.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=98/11/01/177215&pid=0#1012

I should've thought twice before asking about it on this list. I feel
stupid cause I should've really realized what it was about. I simply
didn't use my brain that time. So please kill this embarassing thread here
;)

/Markus