Date:      Mon, 21 Oct 2002 23:53:06 +0800
From:      Ihsan Junaidi Ibrahim <ihsan_junaidi@yahoo.com.sg>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Tiger MPX and mbmon

Hello all,

I'm using mbmon 2.00 (not available in the ports yet) and I'm getting mix=
ed=20
results partnering it with a Tyan Tiger MPX 2466-4M with 2 Athlon MP 1800=
+.
The kernel does not support neither one of the Winbond chips (W83627HF &=20
W83782D) used on this board hence the use of mbmon.

mbmon specifies that the W83627HF uses the ISA I/O ports while the other =
one=20
uses the SMBus direct access. My setup detected fine only the W83627HF bu=
t=20
not at all the W83782D. However it detects the first one using the SMBus =
not=20
the ISA I/o as per the README says. As a result, I can't get accurate=20
readings of my temperature, the results are all mixed up, some of the tem=
ps=20
supposedly applicable to the latter chip turned out in the reading. There=
's=20
only one displayed; the one with the W83627HF chip, the other chip's read=
ing=20
went missing, presumably because it wasn't detected in the first place.

Has someone encounter this strange occurence yet?

Here's the spec from the README
---------------------------
[Note] From the present version the special treatment of Tyan's dual
  CPU motherboard, TigerMP/MPX is supported.  This motherboard has two
  sensor chips, and one has to enable the second one.  In order to
  attach and enable the second sensor, one has to use a Tyan specific
  option(-Y for "mbmon", -TyanTigerMP for "xmbmon").  Then the first
  sensor is accessed through SMBus and the second one through ISA IO.
  Here the values are the followings:

   1st sensor (SMBus, W83782D)

   temp0      VRM2 temperature
   temp1      CPU1 temperature
   temp2      CPU2 temperature
   Vcore0     CPU1 Vcore
   Vcore1     CPU2 Vcore
   Volt 0     AGP voltage
   Volt 1     system 5V
   Volt 2     DDR voltage
   Volt 3     -----
   Volt 4     standby 3.3V

   2nd sensor (ISA IO, W83627HF)

   temp0      VRM1 temperature
   temp1      AGP  temperature
   temp2      DDR  temperature
   Vcore0     CPU1 Vcore
   Vcore1     CPU2 Vcore
   Volt 0     system 3.3V
   Volt 1     system 5V
   Volt 2     system 12V
   Volt 3     system -12V
   Volt 4     -----

Here's my mbmon -d output.
Using SMBus access method[AMD756/766/768/NVidia nForce]!!
* Winbond Chip, W83627HF found.

mbmon -rY (Y option special for Tiger MPX config)
TEMP0 : 57.0
TEMP1 :  8.5
TEMP2 : 16.0
FAN0  :    0