Date:      Sat, 15 Feb 1997 20:14:33 -0500
From:      Bakul Shah <bakul@torrentnet.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: G++ calling conventions

> Does anyone know if gcc and/or g++ support the __stdcall type
> designator?

Yes (according to info gcc).

> PS: What would be the chances of supporting the "interface" keyword
>     as an alias for "struct" in a future release?  This can be done
>     in a FreeBSD-specific way using the g++ config data files (I think).

If you think this keyword has value, why don't you suggest it to the
gcc people?  Adding it just to freebsd guarantees yet another #ifdef
(if you write portable code using it).  Though, IMHO, adding the
`interface' keyword is not likely to make your code any more
readable -- C++ is just too gross.  Check out Beta for an example of
a consistent and powerful O-O language.