Date:      Tue, 8 Jun 1999 15:57:45 -0500 (EST)
From:      Gunther Schadow <gunther@aurora.rg.iupui.edu>
To:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG, gunther@aurora.rg.iupui.edu, shudoh@muraoka.info.waseda.ac.jp
Subject:   Re: My "benchmark" ...

Albrecht hinted me that the JNI related VM meltdown may not
occur with his older TYA version 1.2v4, since he has rewritten
the JNI part.  He is right, and it works now. TYA is now
faster and works better for me than shuJIT.  Here are the
missing "benchmark" results:

+GDBM +TYA (1.2v4)

real    1m28.080s
user    1m13.059s
sys     0m0.797s

+GDBM +TYA (1.2v4) (32Mb heap)

real    1m5.198s
user    0m33.939s
sys     0m0.839s

Thanks again, and, how could I forget:

   THANKS TO THE ENTIRE JAVA TEAM :-)

and thanks to the entire FreeBSD team :-) and thanks to all open-
source people, thanks Bill&Lynne Jolitz, thanks Richard Stallman,
thank God!  --- This is no kidding, it is a joy to consider all
those individuals and groups who really make a difference and
who shape my life considerably (without you I would live a dull
live depending on Windows VB, ugh ...)

cheers
-Gunther

Gunther Schadow ----------------------------------- http://aurora.rg.iupui.edu
Regenstrief Institute for Health Care
1001 W 10th Street RG5, Indianapolis IN 46202, Phone: (317) 630 7960
schadow@aurora.rg.iupui.edu ---------------------- #include <usual/disclaimer>