Date:      Wed, 03 Feb 1999 15:23:30 -0800
From:      ONE-MO <onemo@jps.net>
To:        md@doc.ic.ac.uk, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Compaq ida driver patch

Well, to continue this saga a bit longer...

I finally get the thing probed correctly - I specified port 0x0 in my
kernel configuration which allows it to detect the correct value upon
boot. It (the probe) detects my 8Gb logical drive and all would seem
well; until I try to access the drive in any manner (at least those I've
tried).

If I run: fdisk, disklabel, fsck, or even sysinstall - I get a locked
process. The rest of the system functions fine, except shutting down,
and top shows no CPU utilization by the hosed PID. A ps shows the
PID with a status of D and it will not kill nor succeed (I left an fdisk
sitting overnight).

Any further suggestions?

MO!