Date:      Fri, 28 Jan 2000 01:24:00 -0800 (PST)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@hub.freebsd.org>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
Cc:        Masafumi NAKANE <max@wide.ad.jp>, serg@dor.zaural.ru, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: delegate buffer overflow (ports)

On Fri, 28 Jan 2000, Alfred Perlstein wrote:

> example:
> INSECURE= http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=407538+0+current/freebsd-bugs
>
> What do you think of this?

I was going to look at some formalized way of notifying the user about
known security bugs, ports we have audited for certain classes of problem,
etc. This won't be until after 4.0-REL, though, since I have the more
important task of getting the openssl-dependent ports to build properly
on 4.0 :-)

Kris

----
"How many roads must a man walk down, before you call him a man?"
"Eight!"
"That was a rhetorical question!"
"Oh..then, seven!" -- Homer Simpson