Date:      Mon, 15 Jun 1998 20:58:20 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        Antoine Maartens <antoinem@knoware.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: A few questions

On Sun, 14 Jun 1998, Antoine Maartens wrote:

>LS,
>
>I have three questions:
>
>(1) The difference between Linux & FreeBSD. Why choose one or the other?
>(Do applications exchange as they are both Unix look a likes)

This is very subjective. One point is that FreeBSD has only one main
stable release whereas Linux has a half a dozen.

On the website. Click on applications. http://www.freebsd.org/

>(3) What package to use for gui based office automation work.

StarOffice is good. It is free for non-commercial use. There is also
Applicaware which I hear is also good, but I have not tried it.

Good luck.

Catchya Later,		|	UW Mechanical Engineering
Jason Wells		|	http://weber.u.washington.edu/~jcwells/