Date:      Mon, 07 Dec 1998 18:41:54 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        van.woerkom@netcologne.de
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ES1371 - SB PCI 128

In message <199812080122.CAA16345@oranje.my.domain> Marc van Woerkom writes:
: "The review includes the Creative Labs PCI 128 and the Creative Labs AudioPCI.
:  While the PCI 128 fares well, the CL AudioPCI does not. However, keep in mind
:  that the CL AudioPCI uses the ES 1371 processor and a cheaper CODEC whereas
:  the PCI 128 and the original Ensoniq AudioPCI use an ES 1370 and a better CODEC."

Hmmm, actually from this (and given that there already is a driver for
the 1370), I think I'll return the card for a PCI 128.

BTW, where's Walter Lord's page?

Warner