Date:      Mon, 30 Apr 2001 12:58:46 -0700
From:      "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Harkirat Singh <singh@pdx.edu>
Cc:        "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.ORG>, Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: TTCP, Netperf and TcpBlast Problem

--==_Exmh_-1609030748P

If memory serves me right, Harkirat Singh wrote:

> Thanks for your replies, I am able to install netperf manually. I
> understand from various replies that my port tree is old, though this port
> collection I got installed from new FBSd CD. Please tell me how to update
> this port tree so that in future I do not face this silly problem, if I do
> make under /usr/ports then agian it is getting aborted.

It's only silly because the distfile moved.  It's pretty hard for the
CD version of the ports collection to find it if this happens isn't it?

The one sentence answer is to use cvsup(1) with a supfile like
/usr/share/examples/cvsup/ports-supfile but I'm afraid that if you're
not already familiar with using cvsup(1) this may not give you enough
information.

(Isn't there a FAQ or Handbook section that covers this?)

Bruce.

--==_Exmh_-1609030748P

--==_Exmh_-1609030748P--