Date:      Tue, 15 Mar 2011 15:09:19 -0500
From:      Ade Lovett <ade@FreeBSD.org>
To:        FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Compiling ports in a post-9.0-RELEASE world

On Mar 15, 2011, at 14:14 , Charlie Kester wrote:
> Of course, we should definitely do that. =20
> But ports team should have a plan in place, in case those PR's aren't
> resolved in time.

A single, really small boot/livefs/install with no packages =
(half-smiley)

In all seriousness, with a change of this complexity, in order to get =
more eyes on the prize, some form of slightly-hardened functional =
snapshot would be useful to load up on virtualbox/vmware/whatever =
slaves, install the necessary components for a ports-tinderbox client =
system and then start building.  On personal machines (not the package =
building clusters), package building and testing can take a non-trivial =
amount of time to run, so everyone interested in participating running =
from the same snapshot (base, dict, proflibs, src/sys [and, for amd64, =
lib32] sets are all that's needed to run a ports-tinderbox) will =
considerably ease the situation.

-aDe