Date:      Sun, 10 Jan 1999 21:17:29 -0800
From:      "Jan B. Koum " <jkb@best.com>
To:        "Carlos C. Tapang" <ctapang@easystreet.com>, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: State of the union, 1999.

On Sun, Jan 10, 1999 at 08:21:51PM -0800, "Carlos C. Tapang" <ctapang@easystreet.com> wrote:
> Wow, that was long, but a good read. Some questions/comments below.
>
> Carlos C. Tapang
> http://www.genericwindows.com
>
> Yes, I myself did not know that Yahoo uses a farm of FreeBSD servers until I
> accidentally stumbled into it. This is a big testimonial that needs to be
> shouted from the top of mountains.

	We say that we run FreeBSD in the contributors page:

	http://www.yahoo.com/info/misc/contributors.html

	We are also not hiding the fact that we are running on FreeBSD.
	And yes, there was a testimonial done by Filo a few months back. See:

	http://www.freebsdmall.com/newsletter1/yahoo_and_freebsd.phtml

> >Our users also need to become more involved and I'm hoping that 1999
> >will be the year when a lot more local user groups and other self-help
> >type of organizations are formed.  The Handbook and FAQ are documents
> >which are getting better, hopefully another trend we'll see continue
> >into 1999 as Nik Clayton, our fearless new Documentation Project
> >leader, continues at the helm.  We still have to remember, however,
> >that for many users the handbook and FAQ docs are just not enough.
> >
> Since I am using FreeBSD in Generic Windows, am I allowed to use "Powered by
> FreeBSD" in my website (www.genericwindows.com)?

	Of course. Go slap "Powered by FreeBSD" image on it right now!!!

-- Yan