Date:      Wed, 14 Sep 2011 14:56:31 -0400
From:      Jerry <jerry@seibercom.net>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Brother MFC-8890DW printer

I have an opportunity to pick up a Brother MFC-8890DW printer at a
fantastic price. There is a Linux driver for CUPS available at:
<http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/public_s/id/linux/en/instruction_prn1c.html>;

This is obviously not a high end unit; however, I feel I could
probably get fair results out of it. It is not a "color" printer so
it will only be used for normal b/w documents. I plan to hook it up to
my router using a wireless setup on my home network.

I am not worried about my Windows machines since it will obviously work;
however, I want to know it this printer works as designed with FreeBSD.
I doubt that the FAX function would be used at all via FreeBSD, if it
is used at all. I have a dedicated FAX. However, the copy and scan
functions would be important.

--
Jerry ✌
jerry+fbsd@seibercom.net

Disclaimer: off-list followups get on-list replies or ignored.
Do not CC this poster. Please do not ignore the "Reply-To" header.