Date:      Fri, 1 Dec 2000 16:56:24 +0300 (MSK)
From:      Ilya Naumov <camel@avias.com>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp
Subject:   ps/2 mouse freezes in X

when i switch from X Window screen to text console and back, my ps/2 mouse
cursor often freezes with "psmintr: out of sync (0000 != 0008)" message
from kernel. the problem doesn't depend on moused running or not, as well
as on FreeBSD version (4.x or 5.0). lots of my colleagues also report about it.

my configuration:

	* Genius NewScroll PS/2 Mouse
	* ASUS K7V-T motherboard (VIA KX133 chipset)
	* XFree4.0.1_4

dmesg related to mouse:

psm0: <PS/2 Mouse> irq 12 on atkbdc0
psm0: model NetMouse/NetScroll Optical, device ID 0

sincerely,
ilya naumov (at work)