Date:      Mon, 26 Aug 2002 10:37:14 -0500
From:      "Chad Albert" <chadalbert@mchsi.com>
To:        "Roman Neuhauser" <neuhauser@bellavista.cz>, "RichardH" <richardh@wsonline.net>
Cc:        "Raymond Law" <flaw@vt.edu>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, <rlaw@vt.edu>
Subject:   Re: Windows 2000 and FreeBSD co-exist?

>> However, I encountered an error when logging into Windows 2000.  I
>> typed in my user name and password and then saw a popup dialog saying
>> there is an error in virtual memory table or something (don't remember
>> the exact message).  And then it goes back to the logging screen.  I
>> can't get to the desktop at all.  What is wrong here?  Can I recover
>> Windows 2000 on the first drive or do I have to re-install it?
> > Might be a NTFS issue with the boot manager,

Write your error down and search the MS Knowledge Base here.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;KBHOWTO

As for Dual booting, I do it no problem between FreeBSD (FFS) and Win2k
(NTFS).  I also mount my NTFS drive from my BSD partition.  I have used the
FreeBSD boot manager in the past, but recently discovered GAG which I like
more than anything else I can find.
http://raster.cibermillennium.com/gageng.htm