Date:      Thu, 30 May 2013 12:35:31 +0200
From:      Pietro Paolini <pulsarpietro@aol.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   VIMAGE

Hello all,

I am a new bye on the FreeBSD and I am looking at the VIMAGE features =
experiencing some problems.
I added the options :
VIMAGE
if_bridge

and I removed
STCP

then I recompiled my kernel and install it.

After that, following this tutorial =
http://imunes.tel.fer.hr/virtnet/eurobsdcon07_tutorial.pdf I tried the =
"Exercise 2" which consist on=20
the following commands:

vimage -c n1
vimage -c n2
ngctl mkpeer efface ether ether
ngctl mkpeer efface ether ether
ngctl mkpeer em0: bridge lower link0
ngctl name em0:lower bridge0
ngctl connect em0: bridge0: upper link1
ngctl connect ngeth0: bridge0: ether link2
ngctl connect ngeth1: bridge0: ether link3
vimage -i n1 ngeth0 e0

But my virtual interface on the n1 vimage does not receive any packet =
from the external network while I can see the packet go out from it.

For instance using DHCP, e0 on n1 sends DHCP packets but it does not =
receive the answers (which are send, I verified it from wireshark), in =
adding
the ARP request for his IP address (if I try to add it statically) are =
not received then it can not answer.

At the end of the line the question is: how can I make this "virtual =
network" and the external real network be able to communicate ?

Thanks in advance.
Pietro.