Date:      Wed, 8 Oct 2003 10:39:20 +0200
From:      Piero <piero@poprostu.pl>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [new port] GNUGadu2 final shot?

On Sun, 05 Oct 2003 15:51:11 -0400, Joe Marcus Clarke
<marcus@marcuscom.com>  wrote:

> On Sun, 2003-10-05 at 09:02, Piero wrote:
> >
> > So this is supposed to be the final version of the new port of
> > GNU Gadu 2, GTK2 based development version of Polish IM client
> > for Gadu-Gadu protocol very popular here. See: polish/gnugadu
> > for gtk1.2 old version.
>
> A few things here:

<snip>

I adopted all the stuff to the port skeleton. Thanks!

> * Don't use WITH_ESOUND.  Use WANT_GNOME, and check for
> ${HAVE_GNOME:Mesound}!="" (checkout gstreamer-plugins for an
> example)

But hasn't gstreamer-plugins WITH_ESOUND setable also?

<quote>
pre-everything::
[cut]
.ifndef(WITH_ESOUND)
        @${ECHO_MSG} '===>'
        @${ECHO_MSG} '===> Define WITH_ESOUND to enable esound Audio
plugin'
.endif
</quote>

I would like people with other window management  - like a popular
Fluxbox f.e. - to be
able to choose esound as a sound server also. Wouldn't relaying on
HAVE_GNOME:Mesound only - make it unavailable for them, when GNOME
is not set
to be build?

--
 Piero