Date:      Mon, 27 Mar 2000 20:46:56 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Alex Kwan <alexkwan@pacific.net.hk>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Change font style for xterm & kde

On Mon, Mar 27, 2000 at 12:24:46AM +0800, Alex Kwan wrote:

> After I have installed the X windows & and KDE, everything is o.k. but
> I am not satisfy to the font style of xterm and KDE window, How to
> change it?

Create a file called .Xresources in your $HOME directory.  Put the fonts
and all the other resources you want for XTerm's in there, as in:

    XTerm*font: -b&h-lucidatypewriter-medium-r-normal-*-*-120-*-*-m-*-*-*
    XTerm*termName: xterm-color
    XTerm*backspacekey: ^H

and make sure that your ~/.xinitrc script uses xrdb to merge your
.Xresources when X11 is started:

    % grep xrdb .xinitrc
	[snip]
    sysresources=/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xinit/.Xresources
    xrdb -merge $sysresources
    userresources=$HOME/.Xresources
    xrdb -merge $userresources
	[snip]

That should be enough :)

--
Giorgos Keramidas, < keramida @ ceid . upatras . gr>
See the headers of this message for my public key fingeprint.