Date:      Sun, 13 Aug 1995 20:38:58 -0700
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        cfs@numero1.mat.puc.cl
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: port of Mesa-1.2.2 in FreeBSD.cdrom.com:/pub/incoming

 * I noticed it after i got Mesa-1.2.2 working and just before i begun
 * the port work. I take a look at it, in fact i used the Makefile as
 * starting point. I have to admit i did'nt make it.

That's ok, just wanted you to take a look. :)

 * I was mistaken in my mail, it was pub/FreeBSD/incoming. Sorry :-).

No prob.  By the way, you didn't upload the package as you wrote in
the original mail, but that's ok.  We will build the package
ourselves.  Ditto for the distfile.

 * I didn't knew if i had to try to leave the resulting work directory as
 * something clean for someone else to figure (say, someone who wants to
 * know about the source of Mesa, or want to learn how to use Makefiles
 * etc). May be i must care about the thing compiling/running/installing
 * ... and keeping it in a reasonable size :-). (?)

Well, I just don't want 168KB of patch to go in to our source tree,
especially most of that is redundant. ;)

And some of the hunks are to *delete* files (well, truncate to 0
length), this you can certainly do it by a script. :p

 * I'll try to get it smaller, and download it today.
 * (Probably in this week i will not have spare time to finish it, and I
 * WANT to finish it :-).

Great!

 * By the way, you answered my mail REALLY soon. :-).

The word "Mesa" has been stinging at the back of my mind as something
that needed to be fixed real soon, so I jumped at it! :)

Thanks!

Satoshi