Date:      Mon, 2 Aug 1999 03:53:18 -0700
From:      <marc@freeamp.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   2nd level patching

For that glx stuff I needed to do a 2nd level patching, meaning
I had to apply patches to such a tree

    cd /usr/ports/Mesa3
    make patch
    cd work/Mesa-3.0
    patch <some-changes-to-Mesa3.diff

I did this because both XFree86 and Mesa3 ports are rather large
complicated packages by themselves thus if I would copy them
and change them, I would waste space and have the problem of synching
with future updates of the originals.

Plus I have lots and lots of packages that expect a "Mesa-3.0" installation
and not some Mesa-3.0-accelerated package.

My question:
Is there a better solution or some other port that   solves the same
problem?

Regards,
Marc