Date:      Mon, 9 Mar 1998 18:35:51 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Alok K. Dhir" <adhir@worldbank.org>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        schilling@fokus.gmd.de
Subject:   Yamaha CDR-400

I am trying to use cdrecord (versions 1.5 and 1.6a11) to write a CD with
my Yamaha CDR400c, firmware revision 1.0i.

So far, I have been unsuccessful in writing a CD, either in dummy mode or
for real.  I always get errors.

cdrecord 1.6 quits with "cannot get disk type" (after recognizing my
CDR400), and cdrecord 1.5 quits (after counting down) with "write track
data: error after 0 bytes".  Both report "Input/Output errors" before
failing.

The CDR400 is not recognized by the worm0 device.  As far as I know, this
should not matter where cdrecord is concerned.

I'm running FreeBSD-current (supped/world made as of today) in SMP mode
and have tons of ram and disk.

Can anyone offer any assistance?

Thanks!

Al Dhir