Date:      Mon, 26 Mar 2001 17:19:32 +0100
From:      "stephenj" <stephenj@hotmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Problem With NEWFS When Installing FreeBSD;

Hello,

I'm a newbie to FreeBsd and am trying my best to install it, I seem to get a
problem back from NEWFS, it claims that my 'device is not configured'. I am
installing to a empty harddisk, which happens to be a 'slave' drive in my
system. I have set the option for NEWFS to what I think is correct for my
harddrive (as well as trying the default)... I also used all the automatic
options when slicing and creating partitions for the disk.

'newfs /dev/adlsla: Device Not Configured' - the original error i get back
on standard error

The problems results in an error that says 'unable to swap /dev/adb1s1b' and
'unable to make new root filesystem on /dev/ad1sla' on the install screen.

Anyhelp would be much appreciated, I'm getting really desperate,

Thanks
Stephen J