Date:      Fri, 9 Jul 1999 11:56:36 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        Gary Kline <kline@tera.com>
Cc:        Nate <publisher@laptop.ompages.com>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG, debian-devel@lists.debian.org
Subject:   Re: FreeLinux (Debian/GNU BSD)

[Moved this to the -ports list since this is a ports issue for
 FreeBSD.  Also removed one of the debian lists to cutdown on
 cross-posting.]

On Fri, 9 Jul 1999, Gary Kline wrote:

# 		This all sounds great, uniting Debian and BSD
# 		(FreeBSD, say) --- I ran Debian for several
# 		months before putting FBSD on both my systems.
#
# 		The thing is: the organization and the effort
# 		(work!) required.
#
# 		Anybody out there with a few thousand hours
# 		to spare?
#
# 		gary

This has been discussed several times in recent months on the
Debian lists.  I participated briefly in one of the more recent
ones.  I offered my assistance, boxes to do the work on, they
(Debian) even setup a mailing list (debian-bsd) I believe, and
I worked up a set of patches to get dpkg to compile on a FreeBSD
box.  But it seems interest has fallen off since the mailing list
doesn't seem to work anymore (or didn't for a peroid of time
immediately following one of my posts several months ago).

-steve