Date:      Tue, 28 Jan 2003 13:38:25 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Justin C. Sherrill" <justin@shiningsilence.com>
To:        <multimedia@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: ffmpeg and 5.0-RELEASE

> 	Okay, please you all try the new ffmpeg port to see if this
> is all fixed.

It appears to work, or at least compile and run; I can't check the mpeg
output from here.

Here's the question that started me working on this:  Is there a way to
see the audio/video as it comes in?  I can't run fxtv and ffmpeg at the
same time, for instance, as each app seems to keep /dev/bktr0 exclusively
busy.

My alternative is to buy another cheap Brooktree-based card and use that
as a "monitor" application, assuming I can get applications to look at
that instead of the first card.  Or, I could split the cabling going to
the current card and hook up a TV, but that eats up money and space on my
desk.