Date:      Wed, 09 Sep 2015 14:19:57 +0700
From:      Olivier Nicole <Olivier.Nicole@cs.ait.ac.th>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   One daemon not starting in /etc/rc.local

Hi,

I am at lost.

In /etc/rc.local I have:

# REQUIRE: networking DAEMON FILESYSTEMS devfs
# PROVIDE: p0f recover-backup count-stats

echo iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

# start the OS fingerprint analyzer
# -l means on line per record!
/usr/local/bin/p0f -i vmx0  'tcp dst port 25' 2>&1|/usr/local/bin/p0f-analyzer.pl 2345 &

echo iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

At boot I see the 2 lines of iii but p0f is not started.

If I copy/paste in sheel the line /usr/local/bin/p0f etc. it starts,
prints the start-up message and runs happilly.

There must be a trivial error, but I can't see it, so any help will be
greatly appreciated.

TIA.

Olivier