Date:      Wed, 27 Mar 1996 12:26:47 -0600 (CST)
From:      Greg Stringfellow <greg@smokey.prismnet.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Login Question

Does FreeBSD have a length limit on it's login names? It seems to be 8
characters but I am not 100% sure on that one. If so, is there a way to
increase that number?

Reason being is that I am moving users from a Linux server to a FreeBSD one.
Quite a few of the users have 10 or more character login names. Any
information is appreciated.

Greg

--
    Greg Stringfellow	     	           PrismNet, Inc.
  Network Administration	"We make connections around the world."

					Phone: (512)-418-1568