Date:      Sat, 27 Mar 1999 11:24:22 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi@kot.ne.mediaone.net>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   install over NFS over ep0 hangs

Yeap, tried to install two latest 3.1 snapshots. The bin distribution
is exported from another machine on the LAN.  Install manages to
get first couple of Kbs of bin.aa and then hangs -- nothing new
comes on the ttyv1 (even with debugging On). Emergency shell does
not give the prompt again. Switching between the consoles works,
though.

I would blame the hardware, but 2.2.8 install is happily working
as I write this... I'm trying to use it to install 3.1 and see if
my custom kernel will behave better. I'd rather have 3.1 on this
aging 486DX50 with 8Mb of RAM, but will settle for 2.2.8 if
neccessary.

I'd be happy to answer other question on this -- just ask.

	-mi