Date:      Tue, 16 Nov 1999 12:10:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@hub.freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/14885: ports/net/pipsecd build fails

The following reply was made to PR ports/14885; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Kris Kennaway <kris@hub.freebsd.org>
To: Vincent Poy <vince@pele.WURLDLINK.NET>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org,
	Satoshi Asami <asami@hub.freebsd.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 12:07:34 -0800 (PST)

 On Mon, 15 Nov 1999, Vincent Poy wrote:

 > 	It's not on the list but it seems that after recompiling the
 > rsaref then openssl port, the pipsecd port still fails to build. This is
 > on both 3.3-RELEASE and 4.0-CURRENT machines.

 Actually, it was on http://bento.freebsd.org/errorlogs/3-full/ at the time
 I sent that mail, now it's not on that list, but is on
 http://bento.freebsd.org/errorlogs/3-latest/ (i.e. list for the current
 run)

 > On bento, does the ports get installed after they are built or do they
 > simply use the existing /usr/local/lib/libcrypto.so which might be
 > older than what's in the current openssl port?

 It should be building each port, along with all dependencies, in a
 chrooted environment on the build machine..i.e. it should be the latest
 version of all dependencies, regardless of what the machine actually has
 installed outside the chroot.

 As for fixing this problem, I might take a look at it later if I get
 time.

 Kris

 ----
 Cthulhu for President! For when you're tired of choosing the _lesser_ of
 two evils..