Date:      Wed, 3 Jan 1996 11:07:39 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        jdl@jdl.com (Jon Loeliger)
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com, obrien@cs.ucdavis.edu, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: X for install

> This sounds to me like the same general goal as the separation of
> the hardware detection process during boot -- part of the detect,
> semi-probe, negotiate, allocate, attach process that we've often
> discussed.  Can the same core be used for both the normal UNIX boot
> process and for the initial system config/install process?  Or am
> I totally in the weeds here?

*Can* it?

"Windows 95 will now determine the hardware installed in you system.
 If this takes too long, turn off your computer (do *not* try to use
 control-alt-delete) and restart setup.  It will resume after the
 device that caused the crash"

I maintain that if Microsoft can do it, *anyone* can do it.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.